Green tea is made from the same Camellia sinensis buds and leaves – the plant from which all known variations of tea and tea blends are derived. The difference lies in the simple fact that the leaves and bud do not undergo the oxidation and withering processes in a tea estate that are used to make black CTC and oolong tea leaves. The history of green tea is well documented in the book called, ‘The Classic of Tea’ authored by Lu Yu – a Chinese writer during the Tang dynasty way back in 618–907 AD. Another notable book is ‘The Kissa Yojoki’, authored by a Zen priest bearing the name Eisai, way back in 1211. In the book, detailed descriptions about how green tea has positive effects on five vital organs in the human body, details about the shape of the tea plants, its flowers, and leaves. The book also gives detailed accounts about how one can grow and then process the leaves in order to make green tea. Now, fast forward into the future, you might be wondering why the world fell in love with this tea variant? Well, according to the scientific community, green tea acts as a health supplement.
Table of Content
4.2 Yogi Tea
4.3 Lipton tea
4.4 Twinings tea
1. What is Green Tea.
Green tea is a type of tea that is made from Camellia sinensis leaves and buds that have not undergone the same withering and oxidation process used to make oolong teas and black teas. Green tea originated in China, and since then its production and manufacture has spread to other countries in East Asia.
2. Benefits of Green Teas
From its humble origin in China centuries back, green tea has won hearts of tea lovers worldwide for its obvious goodness and sweet delicate after-taste. In case you don’t know, it is produced from the same Camellia sinensis plant which sources our black teas. The difference lies in production process. Green tea is not heavily oxidized unlike, black and oolong teas and it helps to keep qualities of natural anti-oxidants intact. We shall discuss the best 6 benefits of green tea here.
2.1 Impact on heart diseases
Death from cardiovascular diseases reduces in correlation with green tea consumption as per various observational studies. Even a slight increase in consumption of green tea, by a cup daily, reduces occurrence of death from cardio vascular problems by 5%. Scientists confirm that regular green tea consumption reduces systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
2.2 Reducing diabetes mellitus
In case you don’t know, diabetes mellitus is a condition of high glucose level in blood. Consumption of green tea reduces fasting level of blood glucose. Polyphenols and flavonoids in green tea, due to their anti-oxidative properties, reduce free radicals and counter oxidative stress, a key cause behind insulin-resistance and diabetes.
2.3 Countering your obesity
Green tea is known to have strong preventive effect on weight gain. Caffeine in green tea and the natural anti-oxidants help burning accumulated fat. It increases base metabolic rate and help us burn calorie as well as fat. It has been observed that infusion of green tea and honey is particularly effective for losing weight. It keeps you active throughout the day while you are in your fitness regime.
3. How does Green tea help
green tea improves the overall quality of life. Okay, any other reasons why the drink became so popular especially in Asian countries like United States? Well, there are tons of other reasons why green tea is considered as one of the most popular beverages in United States. Some of them are as follows –
- This particular variation of tea, according to the scientific communities in United States and abroad, is packed with polyphenols. This is a group of natural compounds found only in tea plants that have anti-inflammatory abilities and can possibly keep cancer away, as well.
- It also contains EGCG – otherwise known as catechins that are known for their anti-oxidation properties.
- Green tea is also packed with tedious amounts of minerals that make it a pretty healthy beverage.
4. List of 5 Best Green Tea Brand of United States
By now, it is easy to see why tea manufacturing companies in United States will add green tea into their product range. With that stated, here is a rundown about some of the best selling green tea brands in United States as of 2023. This is based on customer reviews, price range and variants of green tea.
Teacurry is a premium United States tea company, with a global footprint. It was previously known as The Packaging Center. It was established in 1994. Its parent company is Grey Mantra Solutions and its . It is one of those companies that have started nothing short of a tea revolution in United States. The company began by popularizing the traditional variants of tea leaves available in United States. They did that not only within the nation but also chose to familiarize the world with the tea variants United States has to offer. They offer premium quality products at reasonable rates.
- How do they do that? - Well, that is easy – they removed middlemen like traders and distributors from the proverbial equation. They procure the raw materials from renowned tea estates. After this, their dedicated tea-masters taste each and every flush then they work tirelessly to come up with tea blends that are not only unique but offer health benefits that are scientifically proven.
- Establishment Year and History - 1994
- Mother Company - Grey Mantra Solutions
- HQ Address - 7 Peter Cooper Road, 5G, New York NY 10010, United States (based on google map as on 1 January 2023)
- Popular Variants - Black Tea, Flavored Tea, Green Tea, Kahwa Tea, Matcha Tea, Tea Latte, Masala Chai, Immunity Booster Chai, Tandoori chai, Rose Chai, Noon Chai, Himalayan Green Tea, Rose Green Tea, Hibiscus Green Tea, Vanilla Tea, Chocolate Chai, Paan Chai Tea, Cardamom Chai Tea, Adrak Tulsi Chai.
- Specialty - The company procures the highest quality leaves from renowned tea estates in Assam and West Bengal. The brand has dedicated tea masters that cook up impressive blends using scientific knowledge and proof-based theories.
- Price Range - USD $12.49 – $24.99 as per the information shared in the official website
- Reviews (Teacurry) - 4.9/5.0, 23526 reviews based on Teacurry as of 1 January 2023.
- Contact/ Email : +1-315-360-9550/ email@example.com
- Website - Homepage of Teacurry
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - TeaCurry Facebook Photo Gallery
4.2 Yogi Tea
Yogi Tea is the brainchild of Harbhajan Singh Khalsa who founded the company in 1984. It was based in LA, US but later on, in the year 1992, it moved its HQ to Eugene, OR, USA. The brand has a strong foothold both in North America and Europe. It has its manufacturing facility located in Springfield, Oregon, and corporate offices located in Portland, Oregon. Its registered name is East West Tea Company LLC. It Europe, the company has its manufacturing facility located in Imola, Italy which has been operational since 2001 and operates using a local business bearing the name TeaPak. It also has a branch in Germany and is known as YOGI TEA GmbH. (Source - Wikipedia)
- Establishment Year and History - 1984
- Mother Company - Harbhajan Singh Khalsa
- HQ Address - 121 SW Morrison Street Suite 925 Portland, OR 97204 USA(based on google map as on 1 January 2023)
- Popular Variants - Yogi green tea, Yogi Classic tea, Yogi Echinacea tea, Yogi Sun Salutation Tea, Yogi Finest Selection Tea, Yogi Tea Choco, Yogi Tea Ginger, Yogi Tea Ginger Lemon Tea, Yogi Tea Himalaya, Yogi Tea Detox with Lemon, Yogi Tea Ginger with Vanilla, Yogi Tea Turmeric Chai, Yogi Tea licorice, Yogi Tea Bedtime Rooibos Vanilla, and more!
- Specialty - The company makes its products using high-quality ingredients that allow them to create products that not only taste good but also offer a plethora of health benefits.
- Price Range - USD – 6 – 66 based on Amazon US product listing
- Reviews - 4.6/5.0 (based on 1149 customer on Amazon US as on 1 January 2023)
- Contact/ Email : +49 (0)40 – 42 30 11-19/N.A
- Website - Home page of yogi Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - Yogi Tea Facebook Photo Gallery
4.3 Lipton tea
Lipton is a British tea brand. It is owned by Unilever. The company was founded by Sir Thomas Lipton. Apart from selling green tea and Darjeeling tea, the brand also sells ready-to-drink beverages and a plethora of blended tea bags. Globally, Lipton tea bags are sold through the renowned British-Dutch multinational consumer goods company Unilever In India, Lipton sells iced tea as well as green tea leaves and Darjeeling tea leaves. It is owned by Hindustan Unilever Limited. The Darjeeling tea bags sold by Lipton in United States are sourced by the company from certified tea estates thus ensuring that you will be able to enjoy the best cup of tea, every time. (Lipton, HUL) The green tea bags sold by Lipton are popular all over the globe due to its fresh, non-bitter, and light taste.
- Establishment Year and History - 1890; 132 years ago
- Mother Company - Unilever and PepsiCo
- Address - Since it is owned by Unilever, the brand doesn’t have a headquarter of its own per se but one can contact Unilever in case of an issue. The HQ address for Unilever is Unilever House, 100 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DY, United Kingdom
- Popular Variants - Lipton green tea, Lipton Terrific Turmeric, Miracle Moringa Herbal Supplement with Green Tea, Orange Passionfruit Jasmine Green Tea, Soothe Your Tummy Herbal Supplement, Berry Hibiscus, Detox Herbal Supplement with Green Tea, Bedtime Bliss Herbal Supplement, Lipton Strawberry Watermelon Iced Herbal Tea, Lemon Ginseng Green Tea, Lemon Ginger, Cranberry Pomegranate Green Tea, Decaf Black Tea, Matcha Green Tea, Organic Black Tea, Black Tea, Black Diet Iced Tea Lemon, Iced Black Gallon Size Tea Bags
- Specialty - Lipton has been in the tea manufacturing and selling business for a while and the quality of its products is often a topic of discussion among tea lovers globally. The best part about Lipton is its wide range of reasonably priced products that allow the company to cater to the preferences of one and all, with ease.
- Price Range - USD 6 – 177 as per the listing on Amazon
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - 3.95/5.0 (based 41 customer review on Mouthshut as on 1 January 2023)
- Contact/ Email - 1-800-657-3001, 1-888-547-8668/N.A
- Website - Homepage of Liption Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - Lipton Tea YouTube video gallery
4.4 Twinings tea
Twinings was founded by Thomas Twining, a resident of Painswick, Gloucestershire, England, way back in the year 1706. He opened up his store at No. 216 Strand, London, in 1706. The shop is still operational today. The logo of the brand has remained unchanged since its registration in 1706 and became one of the oldest logo designs in the world.
- Establishment Year and History - 1706; 316 years ago
- Owners - Associated British Foods
- HQ Address - Weston Centre, 10 Grosvenor Street, London, W1K 4QY(based on google map as on 1 January 2023)
- Popular Variants - Twinings green tea, Pure Green Tea, Green Tea & Lemon, Green Tea Lemon And Honey, Green Tea & Mint, Green Tea Jasmine, Green Tea Pomegranate,
- Specialty - Twinings tea is made from hand-picked buds and leaves that when brewed produce a bright-colored liquor with a refreshing taste.
- Price Range - USD 33 – 75 for tea leaves and USD 8 – 44 for tea bags according to a listing in Amazon
- Reviews - 4.8/5.0 (based on 65,043 customer reviews Amazon as on 1 January 2023)
- Contact/ Email - 01264 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website - Homepage of Twining Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - Twinings Tea UK Facebook Photo Gallery
4.5 Tetley green tea
Tetley is the brainchild of Joseph and Edward Tetley. They jointly founded the company in 1837, in Yorkshire, England. The company is the largest tea producer in the UK as well as Canada and the second largest in the USA when one considered its annual production volume. Way back in 2000, the company was acquired by Tata Consumer Products, which is headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It is currently the second-largest tea manufacturer in the world, after Unilever.
- Establishment Year and History - 1837 - 185 years ago
- Mother Company - Tata Consumer Products
- HQ Address - 1, Bishop Lefroy Road, Kolkata, West Bengal, India, Pin - 700020, (based on Google Map)1 January 2023.
- Popular Variants - Tetley Green Tea with Ginger, Mint & Lemon, Tetley Green Tea with Aloe vera, Tetley Natural Green Tea, Tetley Green Tea with Lemon & Honey.
- Specialty - Tetley Green Tea has more antioxidants than other tea brands. The flavor is crisp and the liquor has a soothing aroma.
- Price Range - USD 2 – 156 as per the listings on Amazon
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - 4.7/5stars (based on 7,093 customer on Amazon as on 1 January 2023).
- Contact - 1-800-728-0084
- Email: email@example.com
- Website - Homepage of Tetley Green Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - Gallery of Tetley Green tea
So above list of best Green tea brands in United States as in 2023 has been prepared based on customer reviews, price range and variants of green tea. Please do leave your feedback in the comments below once you have tried these brands. Also please do let us know the variants of green tea you love the most.